School Resource Officer (SRO)
Goals of our SRO Program
The SRO Program's goals are:
- Providing safe learning environments in our schools;
- Providing valuable resources to school staff members;
- Fostering positive relationships with youth;
- Developing strategies to resolve problems affecting youth; and
- Protecting all students so that they can reach their fullest potential.
The SRO has three main roles:
- Educator - ias an educator, the SRO may work with students to positively influence student behavior and to mitigate more serious behaviors.
- Informal Counselor/Mentor - the SRO may address school violations in an effort to positively impact student behavior and character and may refer students to school personnel as necessary.
- Law Enforcement Officer - the SRO may engage in law enforcement activities in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
2019-2020 SRO Agreement
Below is the SRO agreement for the 2019-2020 school year. This agreement was a collaboration between The Village of Oregon, the Oregon School District, and OSD families & community members. The SRO agreement is reviewed and updated annually.